Saturday, July 9, 2016

Florida Supercon 2016

Florida Supercon 2016 at the Miami Beach Convention Center was a fun event.  It was nice new experience with a different feel to it.  The event was very vendor themed, with many pros and cons to that.  The place was also filled with cosplayers but not as I remembered it.  But to be fair I was very late getting there.   

I haven't been to Florida Supercon in like 3 years!  Last time I went it was still being held at the Miami Airport Convention Center and I had a booth for Digital Hand Studios as an indie publisher.  I had just released Old Cuban Samurai and the atmosphere felt very different.  This is my first time at the Miami Beach Convention Center and it was quite the experience. 
Let me start with parking.  It was nice having the parking garage, the shade, and convenient location, close to Lincoln Rd for a collection of dining choices.  A short brisk walk and we were there, the entrance of Supercon.  As expected I was greeted by a mob of cosplayers loitering around, always a welcome site at conventions. My time was limited so meeting with my creator/artist friends was important.